Saturday, October 23, 2010

Never a Dull Moment

I know I should be blogging more, posting photos and keeping everyone updated. Really, I know. And I think about it a lot, just as I think about our friends and family A LOT. It isn't that there is nothing to blog about. It's that there is just too much. :)  Almost every minute has something new, interesting, funny, eye opening, heart warming, well, you get the idea.  Like yesterday.

I took the kids (6 kids) out to do errands. That in itself is a story. :) It takes two taxis to get us to the store. We had lunch at a KFC type place. I ordered something that looked like a sliced chicken breast in the picture. I am not exactly sure what it was. I would show it to you, but it would be rude to take photos of everything I find odd. YY ate most of it after she finished her chicken sandwich. The fries were great. YY ordered "kele" (cola). Uh, no...sprite or orange. But since I couldn't think how to say orange, I ordered sprite for everyone. First lesson of Donna-mommydom, no caffeine for kids. She took it well.

Then we headed up to the third floor for grocery shopping. Relatively uneventful since I had a short list. They voted on which milk to buy. Chose the most expensive kind (which I did not discover until I reached the checkout!). Now they are all drinking the powdered soy milk and all denying choosing the milk we bought. Next time...cheaper milk!

When we left the grocery store, I let 3 of the kids take the groceries home while the rest of us went to the market for copy paper and some school supplies. (guess what, cannot find FILE FOLDERS anywhere - I need lots! oops) The kids LOVE taking the little three wheel motor bikes (think three wheel motorcyle with a cart on the back with seats - I'll try to get a photo some time) so I let them take that home. When the rest of us were done shopping, we did the same. It was a beautiful day, no smog, light breeze (probably why the smog cleared out), warm sunshine. Nice day for a ride in an open air vehicle. (I might interject here that the last time we took one of these we got quite lost as the driver did not know where our neighborhood was. We were happily rescued by one of our ayis who saw us and directed the driver to the right place.) It was really fun with the breeze in our hair and riding the wrong way down the street into oncoming traffic just added to the sense of freedom from convention. !! And then...we realized that the driver really had no idea where he was going. AGAIN! lol  We just laughed and laughed. We tried to tell him where to turn, and he started to, but then decided he would try his own way and headed once again into oncoming traffic, going both the wrong way on the road and the wrong way to our home. While we just laughed hysterically in the back! When he started to take us too far in the wrong direction, I told him to pull over. The fun was done, I paid him part of the fare for his trouble and our entertainment, and we hailed a taxi to take us home.

If there is one thing you need here, it is a sense of humor. Just another day in paradise!

Donna

No comments: