Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Race is On!

Tickets are purchased! We fly out of Chicago late on October 15th and arrive in Beijing early on the 17th (via Seoul, S. Korea, a place I visited as part of my Wheaton in Asia summer). We will then connect to our flight to Zhengzhou (TBA) and THEN take a bus for the 2 hour ride to Jiaozuo. Sometime early evening on the 17th we should arrive at our new home.

So, the race is ON! There is still much to do here to prepare...
physically, there is still furniture to remove from the house, cleaning and some minor fix-its (how much you want to bet those don't get done), and there is still a lot of packing to do!
financially, we are not fully supported, and there are lots of loose ends to tie up with my accounts here in the US;
emotionally, too many good friends to say good-bye to, and too little time to see everyone we would like;
spiritually, there is much preparation still to do to be strong for the many tests ahead. I appreciate your prayers!

I feel so blessed to have the support of my church, my family and all my amazing friends around the globe as we embark on this slightly crazy journey. I am also immensely thankful for all four of my children who seem to take these twists and turns in our lives in such good-natured, and trusting, stride. I love them beyond measure. For it is my love for them that has fueled my compassion and commitment to the children who do not know a mother's touch or a parent's loving discipline.

Thank you for your support, your encouragement, and most of all for the love we share for the all the children who will sleep tonight without a mom to call their own.

Donna

No comments: