Saturday, April 11, 2009

He is Risen!

Happy Easter! We have just watched the Easter service from our home church in Florida. Not something we have done while we are here because of, um, sensitivities. But for Easter it seemed worth the risk, and it was very special.

The Easter Bunny doesn't make it quite this far, but we did the best we could. My three girls all got something that vaguely resembled an Easter basket.
The other kids each got a small toy with jelly beans in it and chocolate yuan coins. They have no idea why the special surprise this morning, but by the squeals and excitement at 6:15 I could tell they liked it very much. I made little name tags to identify each child's candy, and Ying Na, my translator, wrote all the names in Chinese for me.
TianTian (Lindsay)
Chang E (Kristen) (Blogger keeps rotating Kristen's, I guess it thinks the Chinese should be vertical!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jia Ni is so beautiful! My gosh! What a smile!

(I think the ed comment is spam.)

And it's so nice to have you back!

xxoosink