John Wayne:

That's not the only great news, though. After months of research and weeks of emails, I have found some awesome groups in China who will evaluate three of my other boys to see what can be done to help them. WT will be seen by an opthalmology specialist in Beijing thanks to the great people at Bethel. I think that WT may have cataracts, and am hoping that they can be removed so he can see more clearly. I don't know that his vision will ever be perfect, but at least this gives me hope that whatever can be done, will. Yeah WT! Jenny, in Eagles Wings 3, will also help me have his hearing evaluated and see if he can benefit from a hearing aid.
WT:
Two of my SB boys, WX who is 5 and SA who is 2, will also be evaluated, but for them it will be at BaoBei Foundation in Shanghai. They both have orthopedic issues that are quite severe and have been untreated. BaoBei does amazing work for the many, many spina bifida children in orphanages here. I am thrilled that they are willing to work with us to help my boys.
WX:

So finding groups willing to help was the first hurdle, the second one was getting approval to take the children to these specialists...which happened today! I wasn't tooooo worried that we would get a no answer, but I have learned to not count my chickens. But nothing to worry about at all, the director of he orphanage was very glad to know that there may be improvements for these children.
SA:

Next is making the appointments, trying to make the schedule work with less than 4 weeks left here in China! It will be a whirlwind, but I hope at least all the evaluations can be done quickly. Then we will have to see what procedures are recommended and start fund raising for the costs. I hope that when that time comes that you will want to be a part of this little miracle. I'll keep you posted!
1 comment:
Amazing! Can't wait to hear more.
Post a Comment