We also had a command performance at the SWI, complete with a lavish lunch and much toasting...
Only a few of us made it up until midnight, and were treated to a thunderous chorus of fireworks and firecrackers. (This clip is too short, I must have turned off the video accidentally in the dark!)
New Year's Day started with an EARLY visit from the local TV station...
Later on, Director Li with his wife and son (all decked out!) stopped by to deliver *hong bao* (red envelopes of money) to some very happy kids...
We did some enthusiastic toasting of our own...
And had our own lavish luncheon thanks to our dedicated helpers...
The stewed chicken was delicious, if perhaps a bit too identifiable for my taste...
The little kids table had their own platter, but surely they can't eat all that!
Well, I guess a picture IS worth a thousand words!
Xin Nian Kuai Le!
1 comment:
That is so cute of the kids devouring the food. Oh the chicken!!!!!! You cannot believe how much I am eating here in the US, not worried though because I know what lies ahead in the next 6 months. I am almost a vegetarian now.
Post a Comment