That's right, Sunday school. But probably not the kind you are used to.
Last week the children had Thursday and Friday off for the new year holiday. Although Friday is not a legal holiday, the children are given the day off to make for a long weekend. But it's no freebie...in order to make up the day the kids went to school today - Sunday! I had to clarify this a few times before I got it myself, and you should have seen the looks on three little girls' faces when they found out they had to go to school on Sunday! Just another one of the little things that makes really living in another country so much different than visiting.
I still haven't gotten clear information on what days they have off for Chinese New Year, or Spring Holiday, as they say here. I have heard everything from two weeks to a month. Whatever it is, I sure hope the weather is good because having 18 children indoors all day for more than a couple of days gets, um, interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment