So... nine flights of ten stairs each plus 3 out front. At least twice a day, taking those kindergartners to school and picking them up from school - thank heaven they don't come home for lunch! Add to that a trip to the grocery store or the market or the orphanage and it's probably 279 steps a day (and don't get me started on the stairs at the orphanage). My goal is to be able to consistently make it up all nine flights without taking a break. So far I typically make it up at least five flights, sometimes six. Seven is my personal best.
I noticed today that the thigh burn really didn't start until 6, so I'm making progress.
4 comments:
Hi Donna-
I am really enjoying reading your blog. Keep up the good work. I "met" you on the December dragons group back when we were all waiting. Now I am mom to Grace (6 yr. old birthday party today!) from Jiangsu and also Katie 3 1/2 from Chongqing. I look forward to reading more. Kim
You'll be a mere shadow of yourself by the time you get home, see, stairs with silver linings. And I know what you mean, down is so much harder on bad knees. Be careful.
Marji
Donna, I am enjoying your blog and I am in awe of the degree to which you have turned your life from one phase to a next. Please know that your descriptions make me feel as if I am there at least to the extent that I can see/feel what you may be experiencing. I truly hope to visit at some point.
Best regards.
Judy Hoffman
Hi Donna - thanks so much for posting these pictures. When our litle Zhi Xia (3) stayed on the 6th floor before she was adopted, she insisted on climbing ALL the stairs by herself. So it really made me smile to see those stairs again. ~ Fiona
Post a Comment