Here in China I have the ultimate tape delay. I have to wait to download a file of the shows I want to watch. Most things are uploaded within a couple of hours of when they air. So last night I saw the file, downloaded it (took about 12 hours) and tonight I am watching it. Sure I know who won, but I didn't see any of the coverage so it might be worth watching anyway. (That 100 yard interception return isn't something you see every day, now is it??!)
Some random thoughts from China on the ultimate American sporting event.
As the mother of three children who were not born in the US, I will admit I get pretty choked up at the playing of the National Anthem. It means a lot more to me now than it did before I had my girls. I appreciate our country and all the privileges we have knowing that three of the people I love most in this world could have grown up very differently. (And yes, there is some irony that we are here now. But it's a choice, one that I am thrilled to have.) So with hand over heart and tears streaming I held my eldest daughter close during Jennifer Hudson's touching rendition.
As the first plays unfolded both Marissa and I could smell the chips and salsa, and
Well, I have finished watching the first half. Not sure if the file for the second half has the halftime show or not. If not I probably won't bother finding it. I'll just watch the second half tomorrow night and enjoy that feeling of not being quite so far away. So far the game is pretty good, and even if I do know who wins (I bet Arizona is the first and last team to ever defer a coin toss!), it's a little bit of home, even without the seven-layer dip.
And am I crazy or did Faith Hill say fruited MAINS???? Hey, that's right, I have it on dvd!
PS - To those amazing friends who have sent care packages and those who have said they will -- I hope you can tell we REALLY appreciate it. Everything is really different here, so the goodies you send bring the term *comfort food* to a whole new level. Thank you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment