Hmmm, yes. I can say with 100% confidence that three out of four Laurie girls were thrilled by the prospect of snow. They didn't have too long to wait for it, either. Although we saw patches in Tennessee, as we drove through Kentucky and into Indiana we saw more fields with a dusting of snow and a few small drifts against fences and buildings. It caused quite the frenzy of excitement in our minivan. We stopped for gas/potty/lunch (White Castle!) just north of Indianapolis and by this time the ground really was snow covered for the most part. Even more exciting was the flurries that started as I was pumping gas (did I mention that the love affair with snow was not universal?). It continued while we ate, but never increased and soon stopped as we got back on the road. (Yeah!) But our first snow sighting was quite exciting.
When we arrived in the Chicago area, we saw that the ground was pretty much covered with 2-3 inches of snow. Rejoicing (almost) all around. So imagine the frenzy early (early!) this morning as I heard shouts of SNOW! And then the excited informant who let me know that our car was COVERED in snow. Yup, another 2 inches or so fell during the night leaving a fresh blanket to delight the Florida girls (most of them).
5 comments:
Hooray! You are in Chicago! and how wonderful that your brother surprised you.
I wanted some vicarious excitement, Donna, but the car break down was too much and brought back too many memories!
Soon China bound! Be safe.
Nancy
Snow, mountains, I an see the reason for the excitement even though I am a little bit immune, but so glad the only suprise you ran into was Santa handing out candy canes.
Marji
Oh yeah. Car breakdowns. Yup, been there done that (St George Utah)! Glad you made it to your destination! I hope that's the only glitch in your trip.
Glad you are finally in Chicago safe and sound!
Donna: Glad you made it! Hope you get rested and restored to full health. Peace - Pat Agnew
Post a Comment