It's just minutes into 2009 here in China. We counted down the last ten seconds of the year in Chinese. I can hear fireworks going off all over the city, and Kristen and Lindsay discovered that we can see quite a great display from the bedroom window. As we rang in 2008 in Jupiter, I could never have imagined that a year later we would be celebrating a new year in a new country. As you welcome 2009 later today, I wish you a special time of joy with your family and friends, and a new year filled with contentment and at least a few wonderful surprises.
Wishing you a happy first day of January, as they say here in China...new year is still a few weeks away!
Donna, Ryan, Marissa (sleeping, of course), Lindsay and Kristen in Jiaozuo, China
3 comments:
Happy New Year to you too! We are on a simlar time frame to you here (Australia) - so we celebrated last night, and now we are relaxing at home. Minus one kid, who stayed on at the party, and will be dropped home this evening.
May 2009 bring you much joy.
~ Fiona (Mum to Zhi Xia, from JZ, via Hope)
Happy New Year, Donna. I recently "met" you on the Spina Bifida Yahoo group, and I just can't tell you how much I admire your devotion and kindness to these little children. It sounds like you have the patience of Job!
You are in my p*ray*ers for the coming year.
Why are Lindsay and Kristen in Jiaozuo, China? And when will they be back?
Post a Comment