I realize I have never posted any photos of what our home looks like. So here are a few photos of our living/dining/office/study/kitchen/family room. It's also the sewing room from time to time. In Florida, this comprises 5 rooms...here it's all in one. The wardrobe below holds all of the girls' clothes, our shoes, medicine chest, tool cabinet, sewing supplies, and some odds and ends. Until recently it was also our pantry and held our books and school supplies...talk about a Harry Potter wardrobe!
We have changed things around a few times to find the layout that is convenient, functional and feels as spacious as possible. The big, bright window helps a lot. Since we are on the top floor we get a lot of light here. We really don't have a dining table since we eat meals downstairs.
I don't eat that much of the Chinese food, so the *kitchen* allows me to *supplement*. (Tomorrow we are going to try to make chocolate chip cookies, altho we still haven't found anything that resembles a cookie sheet.)
If anyone had told me I could get all of our life into two rooms, I wouldn't have believed it. I guess our camping experience has come in handy...if you can live without something for a week in the Smokies, why not for five months in China? I guess it's pretty obvious what I CAN'T live without...the TV and computer are my link to the outside world!
2 comments:
Donna,
I'm so glad that you took the time to post these pictures. Gives us a wonderful window into daily life.
xxoosink
This is a little individual cake that takes five minutes to make, using
the microwave and a coffee cup. Dangerous indeed.
A RECIPE EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
a small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug
Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using)
and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high)..
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).
And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time
of the day or night!
Post a Comment