Sunday, June 13, 2010

It's About the Kids

So...why am I doing this?  It's all about the kids.

Have you read the book, Good to Great?  The staff at Eagles Wings works hard, and every child there has a better chance of surviving than in the orphanage. My task is to take surviving to thriving.
One of the things I am TOTALLY excited about is having four older kids living in my apartment with me and my girls. These kids were in the home I managed last year and in my heart they are mine. Truly. They are 13, 12, 11 and 10. They are great kids. One of them has a forever family anxious to bring him home; the other three are unlikely to be adopted (but I will never give up hope). All of them need someone to love them fiercely and teach them how to be kind, thoughtful, productive adults. I know it won't be easy, but I also know that it will be worthwhile.  I am excited to see the young people that they will each become.
Photo of my Magnificent Seven: TianTian, LiuEr, Chang E (in front) YuanYuan, HongWei, Fu Xing, and Marissa

No comments: