I am pleased to have been selected
to serve on a team of youth and adults in China from October 31st through
November 15th, 2012. On this
amazing trip, our team will lead an English day-camp that they will develop and
prepare for school-age children. English
language is highly-valued in this part of the world, and the opportunity to practice
with native English-speakers is highly desired.
Through games, crafts, lessons, and activities, our team will help the
kids improve their English-speaking skills during the daily morning sessions. In the evenings, we will have opportunities
to engage in cultural activities and build relationships with the kids, their
families, and each other. I
am excited to be a part of this ministry, and the greater purpose that God will
accomplish through us.
Our service and ministry will extend
beyond the English camp, when our team travels to
Beijing to learn even more about Chinese history and engage the culture. As we deepen our understanding of the local
culture, we will meet with locals to hear their stories and share ours.
You have a foundational role in sending
me on
this mission. Each member of the team
will serve in the Name of Jesus Christ, but also as a representative of his
family, church and friends. With this in
mind, I ask that you would pray earnestly and frequently for this mission and
the team. I also ask that you would
consider how you might support me with finances and other material needs. I must raise $975 to
cover my own expenses for this trip. You
can make a receipted tax-deductable donation that will go entirely to funding
me and this team’s work by sending a check made out to “The Potter’s School”
with a note enclosed stating my name and that it is for the China2012
trip. You may send checks directly to:
The Potter’s School
China Trip 2012
China Trip 2012
9945 Ontario Lane
Dallas, TX 75220
I am
thrilled to be called as part of this team and its work. Thank you for sharing
in my joy and for considering joining my prayer and support team! I look forward to reporting back to you how
God was glorified in China when I return.
No comments:
Post a Comment