Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Thoughts on Blogging

I have no idea where the time goes to between blog posts, and it isn't that there isn't anything to say. It's that there is too much! Every day I compose multiple posts as I experience all the new and um, interesting, things that happen here. I just never seem to sit and write them down.

I'll be honest. The other thing that stops me sometimes is that much of what strikes me as interesting might be construed as critical. And yes, if I am being really honest, there are some things that I am critical of. Some things are frustrating and some are hurtful. Many things strike me as being from a different time. But through all that I am so happy to be here! I love the work I am doing! I love the people I work with and especially all the great kids that I get to know and hopefully help along the path to a productive, happy life. So I hope if I share some of the more unusual aspects of life here that you will keep that in mind. I sometimes stop and wonder what one of my staff would think if they went to the US. I am sure many things would seem pretty good, but I also wonder how they would critique some aspects of our way of life.

So with that caveat out of the way I will try to be more open in sharing the things that make up our daily lives, the funny and the strange and the everyday.

No comments: