Where have the last two weeks flown to? Well, I hardly know, but I do know they have been busy and wonderful! Christmas is always a hectic time anyway, but shopping for 65 kids was quite a challenge. Add in the fact that I don't know all the children very well yet (some much better than others) and I really don't know what's available and where to shop. But it all got done with lots of help. Despite my good intentions to have everything done a week ahead, I was still shopping on Christmas Eve. And wrapping, and wrapping, and wrapping...and that was just for my 6 kids because I was so fortunate to have the help of Australian volunteers who did all the wrapping for the Eagles Wings bunch.
We had two awesome Christmas parties for the Eagles Wings kids (more about that to be posted on the EW blog) and a wonderful Christmas day with our own little family of 7. There was a LOT of excitement here as presents starting being placed under the tree on Christmas Eve!

On Christmas Eve we tracked Santa on radar for awhile. I was afraid he might get here before I was finished with all my work, but happily I got to bed just in time. Not all of our usual traditions transferred to China but all six kids did receive new pajamas (thanks very much to Ryan and Laura!). They were bright and Christmas-y and all fit perfectly, quite the feat.
Of course, it wouldn't be Christmas without my little speech about everyone not getting the same number of things, but everyone getting what is just right for them, this time in two languages. I am happy to say that everyone seemed thrilled with what that got, showed appropriate thanks and was equally excited to see what others received and share in their happiness. I was very proud of them all.
Kristen was very glad that Santa found us once again and seemed to be quite generous, the larger family not withstanding. She got just what she wanted...a play-doh factory that makes (non-edible) ice cream treats, some fake food to play with, and a pair of dress up high heels from Lindsay.
 |
| Peter was very surprised with a laptop computer! |
 |
| Lindsay got the magnetix she wanted. |
 |
| Crystal and Lucy show off their MP3s |
No comments:
Post a Comment