Thursday, September 23, 2010

Another Box Checked..And A Few Tears Shed


We passed a very big milestone today...our dogs, Lucky and Sam, moved halfway across the country to their new home in Kansas. Marissa helped me take them to the airport this morning for their special puppy flight west via Pet Airways. We both cried when it was time to say good-bye. (OK, I am tearing up just writing this.)

We are so so thankful that our friends, Lyn and Craig, agreed to take them. We know Lucky and Sam will be very happy with room to run on Lyn and Craig's ranch and making friends with their dogs and kids (and cows?).

Our house feels and SOUNDS much emptier. No excited faces and enthusiastic tail wagging greeted me when I returned from the airport; no one to sit under my feet or behind my chair as I type. Our boys have had their ups and downs over the last 4 and a half years, but they are definitely part of our family. And we will miss them.

We also know this brings us one step closer to leaving our American life behind and starting the next chapter. I think we're ready.

1 comment:

trina said...

Hi Donna! Your girls are beautiful! So exciting that you are moving to China. Can I go,too? I miss it so. :)
BTW, I love your blog. Very neat and cute. trina