While most of what I write is about China and our work, this blog was really started to chronicle the goings on of our family as we pursue this path, first on a short term basis (Dec '08- April '09) and now for the long term.
Right now what is going on is.....chaos! LOL We just returned from a 2 1/2 week trip to the Chicago area (Wheaton to be exact) for my son's wedding. How marvelous was that! We had a wonderful trip. My 3 girls are the most unbelievable travelers, really. I think I need to do this more often just as a reminder of what awesome kids they are! We saw family and friends from all over and met the family and friends of my new daughter-in-law, Laura (yup Laura Laurie...just smile and move on). I thought I had built some "downtime" into our schedule, and I guess I did, and it still seemed very busy. In a good way.
We arrived home yesterday morning. Ready for showers and naps...and unpacking, laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, sorting, packing, selling, fundraising (always fundraising), trying to help manage issues at Eagles Wings on an almost daily basis, oh..and since we aren't quite ready to leave for China...meet the teacher and back to school (Tuesday). I am feeling motivated but my head is spinning on where to start! Letters need to be written to see if we can close our support gap with business donations, and I need to schedule another meeting at my church to see if we can open hearts to the ministry of China's orphans. The house needs a thorough cleaning after nearly 3 weeks away. Lucky and Sam (our dogs) did not do much dusting and sweeping while we were gone. But cleaning amidst the moving boxes and piles already sorted for one destination or another presents its own challenges. Despite a very good head start on the sorting and packing there are still two closets of clothes and, um, mementos to be cleaned out. And then there is the garage and the leftovers from our multiple garage sales to be boxed up and disposed of. All while getting three girls ready for school and keeping the house running.
Head spinning yet? Mine is. Any ideas where to start?????????
No comments:
Post a Comment