- Receiving the offer of the position from COAT
- Putting the For Sale sign in the yard
- Watching our possessions walk away with other people
- The Pod in our driveway (which now seems like part of the house...but I can guarantee when it drives away full will be another breathtaking moment)
- Signing the contract on the house
- And today I bought all the remaining items we need for homeschooling.
At the same time, life goes on, though not quite as usual. I have skipped out on Curriculum Night at school for the first time in 17 years. Not that I didn't want to go, but I realized I really didn't need to so why be away from the girls for the evening? No soccer...also for the first time in 17 years. Now THAT is WEIRD. Already something we miss. I hope that next year we will find a soccer league in Jiaozuo (though I don't know if we will find a girls league, things are really different there). If not, I hope to get one started. We'll see how that goes; definitely something for NEXT year.
When we arrive and are settled, a bit, I do plan to look for some activities for the girls. They need to get out and meet people and use/improve their language as well. Kristen lit up when I said we would be looking for a dance class for her. Much more her taste than soccer anyway. For she and Lindsay (and Marissa? we'll see), there will be martial arts. And music lessons if we can find teachers for western flute, percussion and violin. Well, that's a lot to hope for, but I do hope for it.
Meanwhile I am busy with emails late at night and early in the morning, listening to what is going on, conferring with our COAT team and the China team on how to handle various problems and trying to get some plans together for those first few months. All while working to get each room packed up and emptied out. A few rooms are done and others seem like stuff multiplies every time I leave the room! Everyday I have hopes of making a BIG dent in the process and make just a little ding instead.
Tomorrow...I am sure I'll get a lot done tomorrow. But for today I can cross "buy curriculum" off the list. Yeah!
No comments:
Post a Comment