Sunday, October 19, 2008

Plane tickets and winter coats -- oh my!

It seems like we are going to be going to China! Yes, it still hits me like that sometimes. Actually buying the plane tickets and ordering winter coats for all of us has made it pretty real. I also counted up the weeks until we leave for Chicago...just seven! Oh, really, really my! I have about 7 months worth of things I want to accomplish so I guess I will be doing some serious prioritizing this week.
One of the things on my list is a garage sale, both to clean out and to raise some money for living expenses. I had also hoped to get some scrapbooking done. Ha! I can't imagine that is going to happen, but I will be bringing some scrapbooking supplies to China to make mini scrapbooks for the kids. Everybody needs to have some photos of their growing up years, and this is something that we can do for the Eagles Wings kids that will help them know that they are valued.

Quilting...another project I can't imagine I will have the time to tackle before we leave. But thanks to a generous donation, there is a super-duper quilting machine waiting for me in China! And I think several dozens quilts ready to be quilted!! Since it will be early winter, I think that is a project I will get into as quickly as possible and see how many of our children can have new quilts for Christmas. Which reminds me that I need to bring a few packages of needles with me as they will be hard to find in China.

So, a lot to do and time keeps flying by. I continue to be amazed that this is all happening and really, really appreciate all the encouragement and support from you, our friends. Thanks so much!!
(See the timeline for updated travel information, and I have added a "Chip In" link for those who have indicated they would prefer to make a small donation to our travel/living expenses rather than contribute to EW2. Note though that the Chip In donations are not tax deductible. )

2 comments:

HardyMum said...

I just can not believe that "we" did not know about this till tonight. hee hee hee. I'm so proud of you.

Can't wait to follow your adventures.

Laurie Dickson

Unknown said...

my advice. try out digital scrapbooking, less space for packing and for doing it. (where are you going to spread out/layout with these youngsters out and about? i'm saying this because my youngster is ill behaved and can clear off a horizontal surface faster than you can say CARSON NO!) :)