Saturday, October 25, 2008

Five Weeks and Counting


I don't know if anyone noticed, but last weekend when I posted I miscalculated the weeks until we leave....it was really 6 not 7. Which means now it's just 5. That is exciting, amazing and impossible!
I will say I feel like I am finally making some progress.
  • The winter coats arrived, and they all fit.
  • All plane tickets are booked, including Ryan's for his Christmas holiday, and travel insurance is paid for.
  • I made great progress on homeschooling this week and think I have 90% of the curriculum decided. (Thanks, Caroline!) Now I just need to collect the materials and also speak to the schools.
  • Nearly finished weeding out the family room and got started on the garage.

So things are moving along, and I know the pace is going to really pick up over the next couple of weeks. Thank you to everyone who has sent words of encouragement and those who have made donations. You are a wonderful, caring group of friends, and I appreciate every one of you.

Despite all the plans and preparations, life does go on, and we keep very busy with that, too. Kristen started Girl Scouts this week...she is a Daisy. And a darn cute Daisy she is! Lindsay had a Halloween party with her Brownie troop, and Marissa is camping (aka being eaten alive, so I hear) at Sebastian Inlet this weekend with her Cadette troop. Soccer games, birthday parties and church will fill up the rest of the weekend. Marissa continues to be very diligent about practicing her flute, and I think she does quite well, at least it isn't painful to hear her practice. I still need to decide whether to take the flute with us and try to find a teacher in Jiaozuo.

It's lunchtime and the soccer players are hungry, so have a great weekend.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

tell Marissa she should take up the tuba and then INSIST that it goes to China with you or she doesn't!!! :)

seriously, if she wants it throw it in, it's not too big - or ask if there are used ones available over there for later.
lyn