Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tearful Rejoicing at Our House

We learned today that two more of our Eagles Wings children will be going to their forever families in the next few weeks. Praise the Lord! This is what we work toward and pray for. One of these little ones, YanYan in EW2, was the special favorite of my 13 year old daughter Marissa. Marissa played with and took care of YanYan daily while we were in China, and she has faithfully prayed for her to have a family.
So today it was my bittersweet task to tell Marissa that YanYan would soon be leaving EW2. When I said she had a family, Marissa's face lit up! What joy I saw there! And then when I had to say that she would be leaving very soon the tears came. As much as she wanted YanYan to have a family, she had hoped to see her when we return to China. That is not to be, and my own little girl's heart is broken; a true measure of her love for this baby and her heart for our Eagles Wings children.

No comments: