Then my dad and step mom arrived on Tuesday...so more of us to coordinate. In between my naps and Ryan's finals we have found time to visit and EAT.
But I don't want to just pass over our fantastic final week in China. We were in Beijing sightseeing, and it was great. I think I'll just let the photos speak for themselves. The boy in the photos is Hong Wei (12), he is the oldest boy from our foster home. He came with us to Beijing and then returned to Jiaozuo (with one of our translators) when we went to the airport. What an experience for him, and we had a great time with him along.
Besides sightseeing, we also had the chance to visit with John Wayne and his foster family. JW is doing GREAT! His clubfoot is corrected and he now has a brace that he can't wrestle off. He will wear the brace for several years, but after the initial 3 months it will only be at night. I expect our little guy will be walking in no time at all. Now that his treatment is complete, he will be returning to Eagles Wings 2 in just a few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment