Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Which I Guess Brings Us to Today....

So where are we in the process? Well, as I said before I quit my job on Sept 10. My last day at work is Oct 2...just two days away. At first it was kind of surreal thinking that I had QUIT MY JOB. eeeeeeeek No income. eeeeeeeeeeek But God is good, and I have never let money be the deciding factor in my decisions. God is not poor, He owns the cattle on a thousand hills, and as I remind myself daily He loves us more than I can ever imagine, and He is far better able to care for us, even though I sometimes indulge the illusion that I am the one taking care of my family.

With me not working, Lindsay and Kristen will be taking the bus home from school, and we will be walking to meet Marissa as she walks home. They are very excited about coming home instead of going to aftercare, and I am glad they will have the chance to do homework and have dinner before soccer practice and Awana. No more drive-thru dinners!!

I will be tackling some long-deferred house projects (cleaning the garage!) and trying to pare down and dispose of years of accumulated....well, I don't even know what....toys, clothes, things we never use that we can't throw out. I also need to catch up on some too-long-deferred routine exams for myself and get in shape for the five (!) flights of stairs up to our new apartment. Add to that some reading, sewing, scrapbooking, lunching with friends, investigating home school options for the girls, making travel plans....and I know I have way more to do than time to do it in. But that doesn't make me one bit less thankful for the time I have to be a SAHM (stay at home mom) and at least make a dent in all the things I have put off too long. I am excited! as anyone who has seen the silly grin on my face for the last few weeks can tell you.

No comments: